Nostalgia

Monday, August 2, 2010

Beware! Lock Your Car Doors! Dummy on the Loose!

So, as very few of you may be aware, after a 2 year hiatus, I flew back to my old lover, New York, to visit my sister and her family for a few days last week.
On the first day that I arrived, I took my sister's car and went to get a few things from Shop Rite with my mother. All done. As we began to walk to the car, my mother remembered that she needed to go to Money Gram (which was in Cigar Aficion). We went. As we exited, she decided that she wanted to walk to the shoe store. We went. Afterwards, I remembered that I needed to go to 99cents City (which was really disappointing because it was no longer a city filled with just 99cent items- it was filled with items costing 99cents + $2, $3, $4 and $5!!! What the heezy?! Then it should no longer be called 99cents City! It should be called 199cents City! Or how about 299cents City?! How about that?!)
Pety letter to the owner:
Dear 99cents City,
How could you deceive me this way?! HOW?! LIARRRRRR! Oh, and you suck!
-illmonic

Anywaaaaaays...
My mom said, "You go and I'll bring the car over!"
I said, "Mmmkay!"
I paid for the stuff and my mother and I started to walk back to the car.

DUN! DUN! DUNNNNNNN!

This is where it gets crazy!
Mmmkay...

Background Information:
My sister just got a new car- it's pretty cool. I like it! But, for some reason, (sorry Jesca! Love youuu!) she always has something on her floor! ALLLLLLLLways!
Ahahahahahahhaaaaa!
That's funny!
Today, or that day, rather, it was a newspaper.

Moving on...

We start walking back to the car and I approached the passenger side. My mom walked around the back. I opened the door, hopped in and I was deeply touched! I saw that my mother removed the newspaper from the floor when she moved the car. I don't know how she could've seen it from the driver's seat, but yeah! Awwwwh!
But, wait... where in the H-E double hockey sticks did that pink jacket come from?!
And wth put these seat covers on the chairs?!
Who the heck's carrr is dis?!
OMG!
I DON'T KNOW!
GET OUT! Shut the door! I said to myself as I tried to escape from the UNcrime I had just committed! And this is New York! Whaaaat?! OMG! Somebody is going to see me! Oh, sugar and spice! RUNNNNNNNN, GIRL! RUNNNNNNNNNNN!
But, I had on some flip flops! I can't look cute running in some flip flops! C'mon son! Luckily, I saw this kid that had on some Jordan's and I said, "Son, can I borrow your Jordan's?"
He gave me the look. That let me know to keep it movin'...
I did!
I skedaddled my happy little self all the way up to my mother who was looking at me like Iiiiiii was the crazy one!
Apparently, she walked around the car I had gotten into and back to my sister's car!
Ahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!

Oh, that wasn't her car?! Oooops! My bad!
Next time lock your car lady! I could've taken that pink jacket!

Ahahahahahaaha!!!

The End.

I'm not ashamed of myself.

A day in the life of Monic'... You're welcome! :0)

DISCLAIMER: A very small part of this post was, in fact, fabricated. But, I could've asked a kid to borrow his Jordan's... except for the simple yet, very real fact that I don't wear sneakers.

Ahhh, well!

Get it!


1 comment:

  1. hahahaha...great story and mildly entertaining discourse this time around.

    Inflation does sucks and it hits those 99 cent stores hard...

    ReplyDelete